Welcome to the Band 2017-18
Dear Parents or Guardians:
If your child has chosen Band as their elective, you are in for a wonderful year! Our band director is an asset to AMS and we are proud to work alongside Mrs. Bishop to assist her in making the AMS band program a wonderful experience for your child.
The Band Boosters were established in 2010 to promote an interest in and appreciation of the various activities conducted by the Apex Middle School Band program. We have fostered this in a couple important ways:
- Recruiting volunteers: During the year, parents and students will be asked to contribute their time to support the program. Many hands make light work and we appreciate any help given by wonderful volunteers. The impact to the band as a whole is great. Some ways to help will be: chaperoning and marching in the Christmas parade, participating in band room work days, setting up for concerts, providing technical assistance in the sound booth, and assisting with fundraising.
- Fundraising: Dwindling state funds for schools and aging school-owned instruments have made fundraising a necessity. Since 2010, the Band Boosters have raised enough money to buy a vibraphone, two French horns, a bassoon, a baritone sax and three oboes; but there is always more to be done. Whether or not your child actually uses these instruments, the whole band sound improves with the varied instrumentation. We try to focus our fundraising efforts on fun, musically inclined events such as our Bandathon.
This year’s fundraising will include:
- Sponsorships - In the past and continuing into this year, many parents, especially those who have businesses, have been very generous in donating to our band. Business sponsorships are welcome and will be advertised in our concert programs and on our website.
- Bandathon - In October students will raise funds for new instruments and technology while playing their instruments for and with each other. You will see more details after school starts.
- Tee Shirts and Magnets - This fall we will be selling our cool tees and magnets. Help the Band while letting people know where your heart is!
- Spring Cookie Dough Fundraiser - to give the 7th and 8th graders a chance to fund their end of year field trips, 6th will enjoy a cookie party, funds are also used to also help pay for clinicians for all grade levels.
Our meetings this year will be held on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm in the band room. We would love to see you there! Reminders are sent by email and posted on Facebook. If you have any questions about the Band Boosters, feel free to contact me, Jennifer Forsberg, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also get connected by bookmarking our website at www.amsbandboosters.com or you can Like the Apex Middle School Band Boosters on Facebook.
Welcome to a wonderful community! We hope you will participate in making this the best year yet!
The Apex Middle School Band Boosters
Posted on August 23, 2017
by AMS Bandboosters