Middle School Night at Apex High School
Middle School Night
with Apex Marching Band
and Visual Ensemble
Friday, October 17, 2014
Apex High Band Director, Mr. Paul Rowe, invites all 8th Grade Band Members and those interested in the Visual Ensemble, and any dance enthusiast from the area Middle Schools to spend the evening with the Apex High Marching Band! This is a great opportunity for you to find out what fun it is to march with the high school band. Next year it could be you!
Your band director will have music so you can participate in playing the National Anthem and Fight Song to open the Football Game against Cary on Friday night, October 17, at 7:00 pm. You will also be playing stand tunes with the band during the game.
Listed below are the events of the evening:
- 5:15 pm – Bring your instrument and report to Apex High Band Room* to meet Mr. Rowe and the Apex Marching Band. Your attire should be jeans, sneakers and a Middle School Shirt. If you think you need a jacket, bring that. Be sure you have eaten dinner before you come!
- 5:30 pm – Practice Pre-Game Show—National Anthem & Fight Song and watch Parent Performance of Show
- 6:30 pm - Line up to march into the Football Stadium with the Band and then line the field to play the National Anthem for the game.
- 7:00 pm – Game starts and you join the band for stand tunes for the first half of the football game. Parents are welcome to attend the game—Admission is $7.00.
- Third Quarter – Band takes a break, bring money for concessions.
- 10:00 Game Ends and “After” Party Begins –We gather in the courtyard to watch the
video-recorded show and have some refreshments to celebrate the start of our competition
season! (Parents can join us.)
- 10:30 – Students are dismissed after the football game and party ends. This is an estimated time.
*Band Room is located to the right of the main office, before you get to the cluster of trailers on the edge of the parking lot.
Posted on October 9, 2014
by Christy Shellabarger