MEETING MINUTES DECEMBER 2013
Apex Middle School Band Boosters Meeting
December 2, 2013
Dawne Galdi, President
Marna Carlson, Communications
Bergit Albrecht, Volunteer Co-Chair
Jennifer Leonard, parent
Helen Bishop, Band Director
Outstanding Bandathon items
Pictures from Bandathon need to be distributed. All have been received and will be distributed during class.
No report this month due to resignation of treasurer. signature authority for checks needs to be updated to include Dawne, Marna, and Bergit.
1. Jazz band field trip on Wednesday, December 4.
2. Christmas parade on Saturday, December 7. Concern about the weather. They have been practicing marching a lot as well as concert band music. Currently 147 marching. How to communicate plans if weather is bad. Discussion around Facebook page and Mail chimp that pushes out to FB, but Marna is out of town on Saturday and timeliness is important. Helen to give students a sheet with the plan included in class.
3. Winter concert: decision made between Mrs. Roth and Mrs. Bishop to combine the chorus and band together in an effort to expose parents to the fine arts offerings at the school. Needs help with program distributions and recording of Cds. Also need help moving equipment into the auditorium on Sunday afternoon and out of the auditorium on Wednesday after school. Bergit to reach out directly to the parents who volunteered fort a duty. Discussion about how to recognize band patrons in the program if it is combined for both chorus and band. Also need to make sure Cd order forms are sent home with students after the concert.
4. All-district registration is due on Thursday, December 5. Cost is $8. Includes band and jazz band. Auditions to be held on January 11 at Cary High School.
1. Dawne reviewed the by-laws and discovered that the president is allowed to accept nominations for board members, so Marna must first resignation as Communications VP and then be nominated and voted on for the treasurer position? Bergit nominated Marna as treasure, vote was unanimous. The communications position is currently vacant.
2. New baritone saxophone was purchased with proceeds from Bandathon.
Next meeting is January 6.
Posted on January 3, 2014
by Tina DuBois