Band Notes for January
Happy New Year!
Band events are coming up quickly in January - here are your reminders:
- Monday January 6, 7:00 pm - Band Booster Meeting in AMS Band Room. All parents welcome! We'll be reviewing the budget and overview of the semester's activities. Should be a quick one.
- Saturday January 11, all day - All-District Band Auditions - for those who registered and paid their audition fees in December, specific audition times and information will be sent home with your student.
- Tuesday January 14, 7:30 am - Jazz Band Practice resumes - Tuesdays and Thursdays weekly at 7:30 am
If you have pictures that you'd like to submit to the AMS yearbook, follow these steps:
- Go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
- Put in our school order number 10708 and hit 'continue'
- Click on 'upload photos', and follow the instructions.
During our holiday concerts in December, Mrs Bishop proudly introduced our newest instrument: Sofia, the bari-saxophone! If you didn't get to see this beauty in person, check her out our website! Her picture is displayed with the other instruments the Band Boosters have been able to purchase for the band over the last 3 years. We've got a great tradition of increasing instrument diversity for our students:
- 2012 - Fred & Ginger the two french horns, and two oboes
- 2013 - Sofia the bari-saxophone
Thank you for your support! And remember, EVERY parent of a band student is a BAND BOOSTER!
Posted on January 2, 2014
by Marna Carlson