Band Holiday Activities
AMS Bands have several big events happening this month. Information has gone home with all students, so this note should just be a reminder (smile!). In chronological order …
Wednesday December 4 - Jazz Band performance at Apex Golden Agers Club (this is a field trip and requires a signed permission form)
Thursday December 5 - $8 fee for All District Band Auditions are due to Mrs Bishop (this date is a change from the master calendar)
Saturday December 7 - ALL 7th & 8th grade band students will march in the Apex Christmas Parade Saturday! (6th graders do not participate in this). The students have been practicing their music and their marching for a while now, and all AMS Band sweatshirts have been delivered. Everything is prepared … except the weather! The current forecast is for COLD and possible RAIN. So, here's what we'll do …
- Band students are to meet at 3:30 in the parking lot of the Villages of Apex on Apex Peakway. Parents cannot drive to this parking lot, so students need to be dropped off at the 'turnaround' (where the police sit) on Apex Peakway, just beyond the Laura Duncan intersection, before the bridge. Students will walk over the bridge with their instruments in hand, wearing their band sweatshirts, and meet in the Villages of Apex parking lot by 3:30.
- PLEASE send your student with a full-charged cell phone if possible - they may need to contact you if Mrs Bishop has to cancel the marching due to heavy rain. We will march in light rain and in intermittent rain, so student are required to show up even if it's raining.
- Parents, please check our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ApexMiddleSchoolBandBoosters), your email, and your phone for announcements between 3:30 and parade time in case Mrs Bishop needs to call you back to pick up your student. You might receive a phone call from an unknown number, if we need to share phones to make calls, so please answer.
- Students should dress comfortably and warmly, must wear their green AMS Band Hoodie, and can wear a festive hat. No lights or animation allowed anywhere (not on your body, not on your instrument, not on your hat).
December 16, 17, 18 - Holiday Concerts! In conjunction with the AMS Chorus, our band students will be performing holiday-themed music in the auditorium:
- Monday Dec 16 - 7:00 pm - 6th Grade Band Concert
- Tuesday Dec 17 - 6:30 pm - 7th Grade Band Concert
- Tuesday Dec 17 - 8:00 pm - 8th Grade Band Concert AND all JAZZ BAND members
- Wednesday Dec 18 - Student Body performances for all grades during school
And that will end our festive December band season. Best wishes for a happy holiday season!
Posted on December 2, 2013
by Marna Carlson